I just love this time of year. Not just the weather, but the activities that come with it. This weekend brought the perfect opportunity to stay in, relax and bake these cute cupcakes with one of my girlfriends. They were so easy to make and I wish I had a halloween party to bring them to. Instead, I guess I’ll eat them just because :O
On a side note, while making these cupcakes I realized how talented the people are who bake for a living. I cannot imagine the work that goes into the beautiful desserts we see today with the various colors and precise details. And to think it all made to eat..
Baking and decorating treats is truly a form of art and isn’t for everyone. So if you are someone like me who’s hands shake and get sore from squeezing a tube of icing after 5 minutes, this little recipe will be a good one for you to try!
Serves: 12 cupcakes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
What you’ll need: (I found everything in baking isle at Walmart)
moist chocolate cake mix
1 cup of water
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup of chocolate chips
edible candy eye balls
1 tube of vanilla icing
1 flat icing tip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix the cake mix, eggs, water, canola oil and chocolate chips together until the batter is completely blended
3. Fill all 12 cupcake liners evenly 3/4 full
4. Pop into oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick is completely clean when you poke through
5. Once the cupcakes are done baking, let them cool for about 10 minutes or so before you begin icing.
6. Make sure the icing has a flat tip and begin squeezing lines across the cupcake starting from the bottom. Once you reach the top leave a little opening for the eyes.